I really need to head to bed, but felt like stopping here first.
-This evening I did some shopping with Callie. She did great. I hope she loves to shop when she grows up.
-While I was shopping I left my bag in the cart at Michael's. :( I also fell in love with Hobby Lobby again.
-Yesterday Jeremy preached at a church about 2 hours from here. I'm always a little nervous about new churches. Why is that? I've decided it's pride and fear of man, which are the same thing in some ways. I shouldn't have been nervous, the church was very warm and friendly.
-The church we were at was close to Matt and Heather's so we spent the afternoon and evening with them. It's always good to reconnect. The boys love it there. Nathan was pretending he was Riah today and he was very offended when Isaiah tried to convince him that he was Nathan, not Riah.
-While coloring today Nathan showed me a broken crayon and very seriously said "Mommy, it doesn't work, put a battery in it".
-Callie is MOVING! She is on the move constantly. She's almost hard to hold because she wiggles so much. She's not crawling yet, but if she's put on the floor we have to keep an eye on her because she will move around.
-I made a gluten free chocolate cake tonight. Jeremy actually liked it, even after I told him there was no flour in it, just chickpeas.
-After 6 months away, my parents are now on their way back to TB. They've spent the last few months in Oregon with Brandon, Cindy and Anna. I'm not sure what my parents are feeling heading back "home". It's funny growing up whenever my parents talked about "home" they were referring to where they grew up. Still after 30 years in the North they talk about coming home. Yet whenever we would be in the states visiting we always talked about home as being RL or TB. Just weird thoughts rolling around in my head. I always feel a little sad thinking of my parents (or any family member) out there driving hour after hour after hour on long stretches of highway. Just one car in the midst of strangers.
-Speaking of Brandon, Cindy and Anna Lee, most of you already know this, but they are expecting twins in December! I'm so excited to be an aunt to twins! This is a new experience for our family. I can't wait to meet them!
-I must get to bed or I will be very mad at myself in the morning.
I tell myself that a lot: "Joy, go to bed now or you're really not going to be happy with yourself in the morning!"
ReplyDeleteWe made it home !! And I sometimes wonder too where home is?? :)
ReplyDeleteI think it is good to be back. It always takes me a little time to get back into the routines here again !!
What an abundant, rich time our last 6 months have been !! Mom
We just had some flourless chocolate cake at a restaurant tonight. It had a very fudgy or cheesecake-like texture. Was curious if it was similar to yours -- might need to get that recipe from you! Or post it for everyone. :)
ReplyDeleteHmm, chickpeas in chocolate cake. You better post the recipe! Thanks for the thoughts...Excited about those twins!!!
ReplyDelete