I went to a few yard sales this morning. Jeremy is away for the day so I decided the children and I needed to get out for awhile. My Grandma drove along with us so that I could leave the kids in the car while I jumped out and ran to the yard sales. I saw a lot of junk, but I did find a few good deals.
At one place they were selling kids clothes "$5 for a Wal-Mart bag of clothes". I stuffed 18 items into a bag. In case you're wondering that works about to about $.28 a piece. Not bad! Later I was thinking of the sign the people had made that actually read "$5 for a Wal-Mart bag of clothes". When I was growing up we called grocery bags IGA bags. I think we called them IGA bags even after we moved from IGA land. Now it's Wal-Mart bags and everyone knows what you mean when you ask for one. They really have taken over.
On the way home we passed a house that had 3 items sitting at the end of the driveway. One was a gliding rocker with a "free" sign on it. There was also a boys bike and a tricycle sitting beside the rocker. I've been praying that I would be able to find Isaiah a bike for this summer. I stopped and tried to knock on the door to see if the bike really was for free or it it was just rocker. No one was home. My grandma was sure the sign meant all 3 items were free. Another lady stopped and she too thought the sign was for all three. She took the tricycle. I left a note on their door with my number and took the bike. Do you think I stole a bike or was it really free? No one has called yet.
I'm guessing it was free.
ReplyDeleteGrowing up I didn't realize that there could be different IGA's... I thought they were all "Bob's IGA."
Yeah, I'm thinking free as well. You would have to be a little off your rocker to put your prized bike by the road beside a free sign if you weren't really looking to get rid of it, I'd think. And it sounds like you were extra cautious too which is a good thing. Glad you found some good deals!
ReplyDeleteI just love how God provides for our wants as well as our needs. It sounds like he gave you a free bike. Love it!
ReplyDeleteI am so happy for you. It is so awesome that God provides even for the small things in life. I can hardly wait to go garage saleing again.
ReplyDeletePlastic bags are still IGA bags to me and my kids know what I mean when I ask them to bring me an IGA bag:) I don't know if that one will ever die!
Funny, I remember visiting you in TB and you and your mom calling them "Skaff's bags". I didn't know what you meant :-) I think it's hilarious that LaRonda's kids know what she means by that! So funny. Nice room, nice cupcakes, nice camera :-)
ReplyDeleteYou silly thing. They are Winn Dixie bags.
ReplyDeleteGlad you found a free bike!!
Oh no, they are Johnnys bags! :)
ReplyDelete