Saturday, February 27, 2010

Robyn's Carrot Soup

Robyn gave me this recipe and since I don't know where she got it I'll give her the credit for it. :) I was a little scared to try this at first. Our family loves soups, but I wasn't sure about the carrot and curry part. I was very pleased with how it turned out and we all really like it.

Combine and fry about 30 minutes or until soft:
2 med. onions, chopped
1 lb carrots, sliced
4 Tbsp. butter

Add 2 tsp curry powder and stir will.
Add 6 cups chicken stock and bring to a boil
Add 1/2 tsp lemon rind
1/2 tsp fresh grated ginger

Simmer for 15 minutes. Add salt and pepper to taste. Puree in a food processor. Serve with plain yogurt or sour cream.

Note: I am not sophisticated enough to have fresh ginger in my house so I just used ground ginger, but I imagine the fresh ginger would make it even better.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you guys like this. I got it from my friend Angie. I don't always have fresh ginger, but the next best thing is to keep a jar of ginger in your fridge (the same as you buy a jar of garlic - "fresh", I guess preserved in oil). If you try it with the fresh ginger you'll like it more, but your boys might not like it as much. It makes it spicier.

    ReplyDelete