More snow! I know it's not nice to complain, but I am getting tired of all the snow. I love how it looks from inside and I wouldn't mind it if we never had to go out in it or drag kids out in it. Come to think of it we have no where to go until Sunday morning, so maybe I will sit back and enjoy it.
Do you ever get the notion to do something really random and dumb? Like just drive off of an exit to see where it will take you, or throw nutmeg into an omelet to see if anyone notices, or drink those little creamers? Lately, my crazy desire is to post something really dumb on facebook. Don't worry I won't do it because if I did it would probably come out rather negative and I'd end up offending all 214 of my friends.
I'm amazed at how much poop I see in a day or how much it gets my attention. With a new born, well you know how that is, and a 4 year old trained-but-can't-wipe-myself, you get the idea, and a 2 1/2 year old that has some serious constipation issues. Please, do you have any advise? He eats the same stuff his brother eats and let me tell you both bodies handle the same food in totally different ways. Please don't tell me to feed him prunes because we've tried. He'll eat them once in awhile, but is not fond of them. I'm tempted to make PW's prune cake for him, but then I'd eat half of it.
I'm thinking of making carrot soup (Robyn's recipe) for supper. I've never made it before. I can just about see the looks I'm going to get (no offense Robyn), but I'd still like to try it. Did I ever tell you about the time I made cream of celery soup? It sounded good and only had 5 ingredients. That should have been my first clue.
I am not a big fan of new year's resolutions. For myself that is. You can do what you like and I hope you succeed at it, but I have not done well in the past. I have been thinking (a lot of good that does) about trying to memorize scripture. I have decided to try this. I am already a month behind so I'm just starting with February. This is not a new years resolution. I hope to keep up, but I may not. If you are interested in joining me let me know. Maybe if someone else holds me to it I will be more motivated to stick with it. The radio program "The Joy of memorizing scripture" is excellent if you need some encouragement.
I'm off to take a nap.
Wish we were walking distance, so our boys could enjoy the snow together...and we could watch a chick flick or something!! No constipation advice...Asher dealt with that a few weeks ago for a few days, and it was confounding as his diet was exactly like Ezra's! It cleared up on its own the day I check out constipation ideas online. Have you googled anything online?
ReplyDeleteSorry, no constipation advice either. Um, lots of fruit and juices? How much snow are you getting? We're right on the snow/rain border so we only got a few inches.
ReplyDeleteI love all this snow. I am so happy we were finally in the heart of the storm. Once it starts melting and is sloppy then I will be tired of it.
ReplyDeleteConstipation advice...try Kellog's All Bran Buds cereal. It doesn't have a great taste, but you could crush it up and put it in applesauce or something that he likes. Also, Michaela went to the hospital one time because she was so constipated. Instead of giving her an enema they gave her a mixture of warm milk and molasses. I am not sure what percentage, but I think it was about half and half. It worked within minutes and they said that they use that often on children. Constipation is not fun :( I hope you find something that works for him.
Sabrina, you are hilarious. I love your writing. Remember when I used to want to try doing stupid stuff like that? Twila still teases me about hanging from the chandeliers in that restaurant in Dryden (not that I actually did it, just talked about it). Sometimes you just want to shock people and surprise them that you're not really who they think you are. Ha ha! :-) Remember the snow will be gone soon (for you)...and you can dress that little doll in little summer clothes.
ReplyDelete