I love it when we have a Sunday afternoon and evening free. We do make it a time of rest, or maybe laziness would be a better word. :)
Jeremy gave me the A&E Pride and Prejudice DVD for Christmas. I love this movie. We started it last Sunday afternoon and have watched little bits of it when we could during the week. It's over 5 hours long. We finished it this afternoon. Ah, what a love story.
Right now Isaiah is running around the house with 2 pieces of tissue paper. I have no idea what he plans to do with them. They kind of look like wings.
Nathan had been playing upstairs with the Legos, but he just got sent downstairs. That probably means he was taking all the visors off the helmets or hiding pieces. Now he's chasing Isaiah. Should I stop them now or wait until one of them gets hurt?
Callie is laying in the Boppy on the couch. I just heard her "talking". She is starting to be very responsive. She smiles and talks a lot. Last night I fed her at 11 and she went until almost 7 this morning before eating again. This isn't normal, but I hope it's a start to being normal.
Yesterday I made the Pioneer Woman's pie crust dough, but didn't have a chance to make it. I guess some would say baking a pie isn't restful, but I consider baking and cooking a hobby so it is relaxing for me to bake when I don't have other things pressing for my time. I rolled out the dough and threw in some frozen blueberries with sugar, flour and a little nutmeg and butter. I'm not sure if I've ever made a blueberry pie before and I'm curious if it will turn out with frozen blueberries or if it will be real juicy. Any ideas? Update: the crust was great, the filling was a little odd, but I liked it.
I think I can honestly say that life it slowing getting back to normal for us. My parents are still in town so my mom has been helping out a lot so maybe I really don't know. However, I am excited about tomorrow being Monday and being able to plan out my week and hopefully accomplish a few things other than laundry, cooking and changing diapers. Not that I mind those things, but...you know what I mean.
Well, I'm now holding Callie (I keep looking down to see her smiling at me) and trying to type. This doesn't work very well so I think I'll get off. Maybe we'll try the pie.
It sounds like a cozy Sunday p.m. to me! Nice you can enjoy those times at home when you have little ones.
ReplyDeleteDo you have a R.L. cookbook? I've always been quite partial to M. Miller's, "Blueberry Pie Delicious" recipe in there. It's no fail as far as I'm concerned. I often sub. clear jel for the cornstarch, and increase it just a bit.
I'm wondering what all you and your mom get to do together this week? I'll be thinking of you. Have fun! Callie is quite a doll.
I looked at that recipe, but I was too lazy. :( It is Sunday after all. :) Next time I'll take the time.
ReplyDeleteSounds like a great Sunday to me. We actually had one like that too. What a good feeling...ready to start another week.
ReplyDeleteWhat a big smile that girl has! So sweet. I'm glad you're starting to feel like life will be normal one day... :-)
ReplyDeleteSounds like a wonderful Sunday! I've been itching to watch that movie again...probably because I recently saw their version of Emma. Makes me think that I need to see if they did Sense & Sensibility too... (Bonus points to Jeremy for watching it with you!)
ReplyDelete