Sunday, November 15, 2009

Isaiah Turns 4

Isaiah turned four on the 12th, but because Jeremy was out of town we didn't have the party until tonight. I just looked through the pictures and realized that I didn't really take that many. Usually I have way too many so I I shouldn't complain.

He was very excited about turning four, however he was disappointed that he doesn't seem to be any bigger. He was VERY excited about the party tonight. He actually took a nap, but when he woke up at 4:00 he was ready for the party to start. I told him to eat a sandwich and then it would soon be time for the party. When the sandwich was done he was frustrated that it still wasn't time for his party and told me I should have given him a bigger sandwich. I should have given him a big plate of vegetables!

Today is also Jeremy's birthday. He was very kind to share his day with Isaiah. Jeremy's dad shares a birthday with Isaiah so we kind of had a three way party. We discovered that Eldon was 27 when Jeremy was born and Jeremy was 27 when Isaiah was born. Isn't your life richer now that you know that?

When I finished decorating Isaiah's cake I let him "decorate" a cake for Daddy and Pappy. He loved it. I'll let you decide who decorated what. One comment about Isaiah's cake -"no taste red" is not no taste red when you use half the bottle of food coloring. I forget that colors get darker as they sit. Oh well, at least McQueen wasn't pink as I feared he would be.

Waiting for everyone to come to the party.

Isaiah decorating a cake for Pappy and Daddy


7 comments:

  1. No offense to Isaiah, but I think I'd rather eat the cake you decorated. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a cool cake. How did you do it? Did you have a pan? I think Kyrell wants Lightening McQueen too, but I have till January before I decide how I am going to do it. Thanks for sharing the pictures. That was such a great idea to let Isaiah decorate a cake too. I am not sure I would have the patience. You are a great mom!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The cake he decorated is a hoot! Way to go letting him do it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LaRonda, I borrowed the pan from a friend. The directions that came with the cake made it pretty easy. However, it still took a long time. The worst part was all the different colors. Letting Isaiah "decorate" a cake kept him busy while I cleaned up the kitchen. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sabrina, You alwaya worry if the cake is going to look like what it is supposed to look like----well, it is obvious you are an expert !!
    I like that you want to keep the tradition going of a really special cake for the special person having the birthday !! But I have to admit, I was relieved, happy, and not as stressed when you kids got older and decided you would rather have a deliciouc cake/dessert for your birthday , than a "special", and pretty one!! :)
    The picture of him looking out the window , waiting for the party people to come, put an ache in my heart to be one of those that would show up to put an end to the waiting !! :(
    What a special little boy !!
    Thanks for the pictures
    Love you, Mom/Grandma

    ReplyDelete
  6. CUTE cake Sabrina! You have a car and car wreck - very nice! = ) Don't tell Isaiah I said that. That window pic is so sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  7. GREAT cakes - yours and his! Good job letting him decorate. If you like icing, you might actually like his cake better...
    I'm w/ your mom - I'm looking forward to when my kids pick cheesecake or fruit pies rather than a hard-to-decorate cake :-)

    ReplyDelete