Sunday, April 26, 2009

Update



  • First things first. I'm not dead! Just wanted to clear up that rumor. I don't even know where to start updating you on our lives. I guess I'll just start typing and see where I end up.
  • Last weekend Jeremy and I celebrated our 5th anniversary. We left the boys with Jeremy's parents and spent two days together. We talked about going overnight somewhere, but decided to save the money for another time since we couldn't find what we were looking for. We did a lot of driving around and (of course) ended up in Gettysburg for awhile. A highlight was a pedicure Jeremy scheduled for me on Saturday. It was wonderful! (I love Warm Springs!) We also watched our wedding video. That was just crazy. So many emotions. What a great day, but it really is true that married life just keeps on getting better. It still requires a lot of work for sure, but I'd marry him all over again today.
  • They boys are loving the warmer weather and spend as much time outside as they can. The picture at the top of this post is of them picking me flowers. Isaiah loves to bring me flowers and before dandelions were in bloom he gave me sticks, stones, and weeds. I love them all. Isaiah gets frustrated with Nathan because he likes to pick the flowers, but doesn't like to give them to me. He'd rather hold them in his chubby hands. Isaiah does not like this. Notice Nate's' wet butt on this picture. We have a tarp covering our sandbox to keep rain and cats out. Every time it rains there are little pools water on the tarp. I try to get most of it off before I allow them to play outside, but Nathan seems to be able to smell water. I love them playing outside, but the dirt is never ending!
  • Isaiah grows up more everyday. One of his favorite activities is changing clothes. Lately he's been playing with a back pack a lot. He keeps his "treasures" in there. Including his favorite shorts and shirts. He's wearing his favorite "number" (they're the best) shirt in the picture above. The problem is that I don't always catch when he puts the clothes in the back pack so they miss getting into the laundry. :( Our rule: if we leave the house mommy picks out the clothes. If we're home Isaiah picks them out.
  • Nate too is growing up and starting to do a lot of talking. "No" is a big favorite. :( He also gets into things much quicker than Isaiah used to. A couple days ago I heard him chuckle and I figured he was laughing at Isaiah about something. Then Isaiah yelled "Nathan is putting towels in the toilet!" If he finds the lid on the toilet up he gets excited and then starts throwing towels into the water. What a mess.
  • Seems like there is more I should be saying. Several of you are waiting for emails from me. I'm very far behind on every area of my life right now, but maybe someday I'll catch up.
  • I really want to have a bigger garden this year. Am I nuts?
  • I'll try not to stay silent so long before posting again.
  • Oh yeah, I'm pregnant. :)

18 comments:

  1. Congratulations! I was starting to wonder...that's usually a good guess as to why someone hasn't blogged in a while. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow! congratulations! no wonder you're behind in everything! i hope you're feeling well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. congratulations! Hope you are feeling well and yes, you are sorta crazy to want a big garden. But you didn't say big...only bigger. So I guess it depends how big your "bigger" is. And how much help you will have to keep the weeds down, dirt hoed, and put produce away in the fall. =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Congratulations! I am so happy for you. Hope you are feeling good. Hang in there!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was hoping you didn't die but seeing you at church this morning sort of confirmed that. :) I've been missing your blog posts! Also, when I read the last line I gasped because I wasn't expecting that as I was reading down through the updates. LOL! CONGRATULATIONS! How exciting. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. YYYEEEEAAAYYYYYYY!!!!!!!! Good to hear from you again. Great news! = )

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations!! An announcement like that will bringing me out of my lurking state. : ) Are the boys excited?

    ReplyDelete
  8. congratulations from me too! i just stopped in on your blog yesterday, wondering how you were and i also thought to myself, "hmmm, i wonder if she's pregnant, with such a long silence!" :) when are you due?

    ReplyDelete
  9. You surprised me with your last sentence! Congratulations! So are you at the sick stage or past.... hope all goes well for you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So good to see that you had a few moments of feeling well enough to blog !! I kept checking every day !! :)
    I hope the "sick" part is lessening!! Praying for you !!
    I am glad that the secret is out to all !! :)
    See you soon, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  11. So good to see that you had a few moments of feeling well enough to blog !! I kept checking every day !! :)
    I hope the "sick" part is lessening!! Praying for you !!
    I am glad that the secret is out to all !! :)
    See you soon, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey Sabrina, for future reference, now you know how to get a lot of blog comments... = )

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations!!!! When are you due?
    ~Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  14. CONGRATULATIONS SABRINA!!!!!!!! How EXCITING!!!! Praying for a wonderful preg. for you. Hope you are feeling great:) That is so funny b/c just on Sunday I saw you for a brief second and I saw your beautiful face and thought to myself...hmmm "she is so pretty , is she glowing??..." and you are b/c you are PREGNANT!!!! That is just so AWESOME!!! (((HUGS)))
    I am so excited to be your neighbor tomorrow too:):) please let me know if ya need anything anytime. I MEAN IT! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yipppppeeee Yeeeeee!! A pregnancy!!Pappy Eldon is going to have so much fun with another new grand baby!!!
    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  16. Am I to late to Congradulate you too? I was so happy to not see "chicken"when I checked your blog this time:)How exciting hope your over your worst time. enjoy your gardening also.
    Twila H

    ReplyDelete
  17. Yea!! so excited for you guys :)
    When is the big date?

    ReplyDelete
  18. I can't believe I am so late in finding this news out. I haven't been blogging for awhile...as you can see from mine. Anyway, CONGRATS and I'm very excited for you! Sounds like you had some sick days...I don't think you're crazy to want a bigger garden. Because when it needs the most work, you will probably be in the happy part of being prego! When are you due?

    ReplyDelete