Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Back again

Thank you for all of your comments! Here are a few answers:

  • Yes, I've been sick. I was sick with Isaiah, more sick with Nate, and this one is worse than the last two. Does is keep getting worse with each pregnancy? I can't imagine. I feel like I'm slowly getting a handle on what works and what doesn't. The first two weeks of true sickness where bad. I pretty much laid on the couch. It was overwhelming to say the least. Jeremy has been great. He helps out so much. One day he bought me a Snickers bar because he knows how much I like them. Wouldn't you know that is about the only thing that I have repeatedly kept down? We just keep buying them. I keep reminding myself that once I'm through this sick stuff the snickers must stop! Strawberry ice cream has been a hit too. I've been trying to take vitamin B6, but so far I don't think I've kept enough down to make any difference. I do feel like I'm able to at least function now. Still sick about everyday, but I'm also still moving! Very thankful!
  • I haven't been to a doctor yet, but I figure I'm probably around 9 weeks. We didn't want to tell people this early, but with how I was feeling we just decided to do it. Last week at our church's ladies meeting I told the other four ladies that were there (all close friends/family) and asked them to pray for me. the next day I had a better day. I know prayer helps! As far as a due date I'm looking at somewhere in December.
  • I feel like I've just complained through this whole post. We are very excited about a third child! I feel so blessed to be pregnant (even with being a little sick) and to already have two children. I would not trade this sickness for anything. I pray almost daily for people that I know that aren't pregnant, but would like to be pregnant. So please know that I am just updating you on how I'm feeling and not complaining.
  • Lastly, we had fun telling Isaiah about the baby. I'm sure he doesn't totally get it yet, but he seems to understand it a little. I think it helps that we've been talking about his Aunt Angela having a baby. He has said several times "It will either be a girl or a boy". (thankfully!) and he thinks it should be a girl so we can call her "she". He also told me that Puppy and Rufus were in his belly for awhile, but now they came out. I guess the fact that only girls can be pregnant didn't sink in yet. :)

7 comments:

  1. Snickers -- Yum! Strawberry ice cream -- um, whatever works at this point! I'll be praying that the 'nasties' resolve themselves before too long and life will be more pleasant again. (Wish I'd live closer -- I could take your boys for the day...)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations, Sabrina!! :) I did feel sicker with the third, I think because I was tireder over all. I hope you feel better soon! (Man, now I wish I had a Snickers, too...)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yea, I want snickers now too! I pray that today is a good day. Don't feel bad about the bathroom not being clean and the laundry piling up...you can get to that another day! Love you!
    Beckee

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have you tried sour candy? (I loved sour patch kids) I'm glad you're finding something that works...Hope the sickness passes soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kristin BucherMay 02, 2009 4:48 AM

    Congratulations, girl! I'm very excited for you. I will be remembering you that this pregnancy is fantastic once the "nasties"(as Joy puts it) are over.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just making sure you see the bannock dog comment I left for you after your comment on my blog....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations!! I'm sorry you're feeling so sick. Snickers never taste bad, do they? ( :

    ReplyDelete