
Thanks for all the chicken ideas! We had chicken for lunch today and it was great. I did it in the oven while we were at church. I used a lot of spices and also shoved an onion inside the chicken. I just had to add that because Jolinda suggested it and it made me laugh. :) I also added carrots and potatoes. Jeremy and I liked it, Nate did alright with it, but Isaiah didn't even want to try it. That might have something to do with a comment Jeremy made. Just as we sat down to lunch Jeremy said "Look Isaiah, a dead chicken!" Then he went on to poke and wiggle the chicken and make weird chicken noises. Yum.
I'm trying to line up some sort of a menu for the coming week. What do you do when you are too busy to prepare food? I'd say that's too busy! It's not actually that bad. I'm just having trouble coming up with good ideas.
The boys are supposed to be going to sleep right now. There is all kids of yelling, laughing and talking coming from their room. I decided I'd better investigate when Nathan's cries started to sound rather desperate. I found him wedged between the wall and his crib. I have no idea.
For those of you that like plain yogurt you should try this. Add one cup of boiling water to a small package of jello. Stir until dissolved then add one cup of plain yogurt in place of the cold water. It's pretty good. I like to add more than just one cup of yogurt.
The picture of Nathan at the top of this post really has nothing to do with anything. I just like it. I should do a post dedicated to the outfits you'd see if you walked into our house on any given day. Isaiah has a couple of shirts he likes and wears them as often as I'll let him, even both together. I didn't think boys would care what they wear, but I guess they do!
I feel you on the meal planning!
ReplyDeleteI actually (stupid this sounds I know) - bought a weekly meal planner at Micheal's for like $1 - it is a pad of paper - each page has Sun - Sat listed -It really helps me get planned so I am thinking ahead and am less likely to have food on the table at 10 pm ;) just yesterday I made this menu for the week:
Mon - pasta a la carbonara
Tues - chicken on the grill with salada
Wed - veggie soup & bread
Thurs - high protein pancakes
Fri - pork chops, green beans, potatoes (we have company coming)
Sat - Turkey, beans & rice
- if you have a grill - it is the quickest way to cook! if you like pasta, I can send you some authentic italian recipes that are EASY!
Enjoy!!
Hey, I like seeing other people's menus! :-) I'm glad your chicken turned out good! I know what it's like to have Daddy remind the poor innocent children of the animal being alive. ha ha :-) I would love to see more clothing pictures...I find your boys very amusing.
ReplyDeleteSo nice to catch up on your posts, Sabrina. I have become too attached to Facebook- but it is getting a bit old!! As far as menus- I will often make a list of meals for the week, based on what I have. Then, I keep the menus in a binder. It helps me when I don't feel like going through cookbooks for an idea, but want something I haven't made recently. Honestly (smile) I never look at the weekly menus I have saved, but I know they are there, and it seems like such a good idea. lol
ReplyDeleteI enjoy reading about your boys. I can see what I am in for when I read about things Isaiah is doing. Ezra isn't too interested in what he wears- but I guess the day is coming!!
Happy Easter! I am going to have to try stuffin an onion in a chicken. Sounds good!
ReplyDeleteHey lady -- do you still blog or what? = )
ReplyDelete