I look forward to the day when Isaiah's speech will be clear enough to understand everything he says. Today is not one of those days.
I took the boys to Wal-mart this evening. An elderly lady stopped us to say just how cute the boys were and how she wished her children were that small again. I told her the boys names and she told Isaiah she loved his name. Isaiah smiled and then said "I poop in potty I get Hershey!" Thankfully the lady didn't have a clue what he was saying. I just smiled and acted like he had just quoted the 23rd Psalm.
What do you do?! I once thought that MY children would never walk around saying things like "Mom, I need to poop!" Why couldn't we train them to say things like, Mother, I am going to use the restroom, or Mother, I am going to have a bowel movement. No, poop just fits doesn't it? I do here Jeremy trying to tell him "number one" or "number two" which is a little better I guess. I don't think Isaiah gets it though. The other day I asked him if he needed to go potty. His responce sounded something like "after that (new way of saying NO!) I'll go one and two and three and four" while trying to count his fingers.
We're still having some bad days when it comes to potty training. I get so frustrated. I try not to let him see it, but I do get frustrated. I think we'll let Nathan's wife train him. Doesn't every wife try to mother her husband? Wow, I'll be a great mother-in-law. Here, marry my son, he needs a mother.
I think I'd better get off. I'm tired.
I will confess your post made me chuckle! I can't say that I speak from experience and I can only imagine the frustrating days potty training can bring but.....
ReplyDeleteThis too shall pass. :) Blessings on your motherhood, Sabrina!
Laughing laughing....all from KNOWING exactly what you're feeling. I loved the line, "Here. Marry my son. He needs a mother." HAhahahahaha! If you keep that attitude about potty training you are sure to not be dissapointed or frustrated. For what it's worth, our boys were all past their 3rd bday before they were doing anything in the potty. And one of them was past his 4th until we had no more frequent accidents. I don't think it's worth trying much before that fro boys. At least that's my personal opinion. =)
ReplyDeleteYou are too funny, Sabrina. I love it! Maybe I won't complain if Ezra waits a few months (or years) before his speech is understandable. More privacy for us!
ReplyDeleteYou are funny. I have been known to pretend my kids said something different than what they really said. Or shake your head and shrug when someone else doesn't understand them. It's easier in the long run :-) Good luck...and thank goodness that some people can't hear properly.
ReplyDeleteThat last bit made me laugh out loud.
ReplyDelete