Monday, January 28, 2008

I'm back. We are now into our fourth week at RBC. Suddenly our time seems to be going quickly. It's weird. I told Jeremy at the end of last week that I'm finally realizing how long 6 weeks really is. It's a little longer than I thought. Don't get me wrong, it's not too long, just longer than my mind was realizing. I can already tell that it is going to be hard to leave. We are enjoying our little apartment, but I am starting to miss our house. Especially my kitchen. This time here has been good for me. I'm realizing that I can do without a lot, but it is nice to have certain things too. I won't bore you too long. I had planned on putting up a picture, but I'm not on our laptop so I guess that will have to wait. The boys haven't changed that much. :)

We spent this past weekend at my aunts house near Cincinnati. We had such a good time. It was nice to be in a home again. Isaiah had a blast playing with all of my cousins old toys. He also discovered that he can crawl out of his Pack 'N Play. We were rather surprised to see him walk into our room after we had put him to bed. What a battle. He did finally fall asleep, but he woke up early the next morning. We heard him coming and decided to see what he would do. He crawled past our bedroom door then pushed a big truck right into our bedroom. I'm not sure what he was thinking. For his nap the next day Jeremy put the Pack 'N Play on top of the double bed. I guess Isaiah was too scared to try to crawl out of anything that high. I'm begging, does anyone have any great suggestions on how to train a child to sleep in a regular bed? We probably should have done it before this, but he has done so well in his crib that we just didn't feel like bothering with it. Anyway, we did have a great weekend even though we were a little tired most of the time.

Jeremy is starting to really feel the pressure to get his work done. Pray for him if you think of it.

I'm not sure what else to tell you. Life is good. Now I'm going to start peaking at your blogs. Sorry if I don't leave comments. I'm running out of time.

2 comments:

  1. We switched Marin to a big bed over a week ago but she's not nearly as daring as Isaiah. We've not had any problem except for Sunday when she climbed out of bed and pulled out all the tissues from the tissue box and all the balloons from a bag of 200. She's done well since and says 'Don't get out' when we put her to bed now. I don't have much advice but I'm sure I'll be seeking some from you when this baby boy gets to be 2 years old.
    -Jo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Owen was over two when we switched him. His twin bed is really low, so falling out didn't hurt. :) We brought the mattress into his room several days before the we finished painting the bed, so he had time to get used to it. Also, before the bed was painted, he loved to play on it, so he was familiar with it. We started with just taking naps on it, but the second day, he wanted to sleep all night in it! We left his crib in his room for about a week, and sometimes let him choose where he wanted to sleep, and sometimes he didn't have a choice. We never had a problem with him getting out, although I'm sure we told him to stay put before he went to sleep.

    Glad you're enjoying your time at Rosedale!

    ReplyDelete