Thursday, January 10, 2008

Alive!

I think I am going through blog with drawl! Today is the first day since Saturday that I have been on line. We are not able to connect to the Internet at our apartment. I think they are working on it so hopefully sometime soon we will have access.

I have "posted" so many updates to my blog in my mind the last weeks. I don't even know where to start updating you on our lives. I guess I'll just start and see where I end up.

We had a good Christmas. It was different to not see my family (other than Matt and Heather for one evening). If all goes well we will have Christmas with my family in March or April. We did enjoy getting with Jeremy's parents and brother on Christmas day as well as his whole family for a day and overnight.

We had a blast watching Isaiah enjoy Christmas. Several highlights included a live nativity, and of course seeing his face when he saw the gifts under the tree on Christmas morning.

The weekend before New Year's was our busy weekend. We had a get-together every day for four days straight. We enjoyed all of it! The boys were real troopers. Isaiah even managed to stay up to see the New Year in thanks to a great marble roller at his Great-Grandma's house. Needless to say he was exhausted on New Years Day. By evening he was walking around the house crying and complaining. I had a little rubbermaid container sitting on our kitchen table. That is not where it belongs, but I hadn't taken time to put it away. At one point while Isaiah was wondering through the kitchen crying he picked up the container and walked to the cupboard where it belonged and put it away. The whole time crying and saying "put back, put back". What can I say, he likes his life to be in order!

After our busy weekend I woke up Wednesday morning ready to start packing for Rosedale. Not to be. I got sick. I very rarely get stomach "stuff", but I got hit hard with this one. By Friday I was feeling better, but got hit again on Saturday. Thanks to Jeremy and my aunt, who kept the boys for three hours on Saturday, everything got packed and we were ready to leave on Sunday.

So here we are. We have a nice apartment and are pretty much settled in. We are still adjusting to a different schedule, but it is coming together. Jeremy is really enjoying his classes.

My parents got here last night. My dad leaves Saturday morning, but my mom will be here until Wednesday evening. It has been fun to have them here and of course it's great to have help with the boys. (so that I can update my blog!) They are planning on keeping them tomorrow evening so Jeremy and I can go out to celebrate my birthday.

Yes, I've reached the big 30! Monday was such a strange day that it hardly felt like a birthday. Thank you to everyone who emailed or left comments here. Also thanks to all of you who did things to make my birthday extra special -you know who you are. :)

Well, I'm hoping to drop in on some of your blogs so I'd better get off. I probably won't be leaving comments. For whatever reason this connection is almost slower than our dial up...

3 comments:

  1. Good to hear from your neck of the woods! And looking forward to seeing you before you head back to PA! Can't wait.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm confused or maybe I missed something. Did you move?
    Crissy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday! Honestly, I really DID think of you on the 7th. :-) I hope you had a great day.

    ReplyDelete