- First of all, thank you to everyone that is praying for my mom. For those of you that don't know, mom is scheduled for surgery on Monday to remove a lump on her breast that has been determined to be cancer. After the surgery there will be another 1 -2 week wait for the results. The waiting is very hard.
- Good news! Little Anna came home from the hospital on Tuesday. I know Brandon and Cindy are thrilled to be home. I'll try to post a new picture when I get one.
- I have now completed 33 weeks of pregnancy. I am feeling the urge to get the house organized and cleaned. I'm so anxious to hold this little boy. It's been fun thinking about pulling out all the little baby stuff again. The second time around is just as amazing as the first for sure!
- Isaiah is a great little guy. Sure there are days when he gets into things and I don't know what to do with him, but overall he is an obedient child. He's starting to say a lot of words. Maybe I should say attempting to say a lot of words! I recognize a lot of the words, but they aren't very clear. He's also starting to recognize colors -a little bit. His favorite toys are balls. He loves them. Today I even let him play with some lemons that he thought were "balls". He also loves to be outside. Hardly a day goes by that I'm not grateful for a fenced in back yard. His other great love is books. I've read some of his books so many times I think I could repeat them by heart. I love the times when I go to check on him because things are a little too quite and I find him sitting on the floor looking at books. I shouldn't say books are his greatest love, that would be Daddy. :)
- On Sunday, July 1st (Canada Day -go figure) we went to Longs Park (I think that's what it's called??) in Lancaster to see fireworks. What a show! An orchestra played for about an hour and a half before the fireworks. Some of Jeremy's family were there as well. We enjoyed great company, great food, and a great show. Canons were set off during one part of the show. Jeremy warned Isaiah that there was going to be a loud "boom" coming. We find that if we give him warning about such things that he doesn't seem to be as scared. I think maybe we over did it this time though. Before the canons even fired Isaiah was too scared to let go of Jeremy. He kept saying "boom, boom". We wrapped a blanket around his ears and Jeremy held him. He didn't get scared when the canons actually fired and seemed to enjoy the fire works as well. Monday morning before I got him out of bed I heard him jabbering away and every once in awhile I'd hear "boom, boom". :)
- Tuesday afternoon I dropped Isaiah off at Jeremy's parents. That evening Jeremy and I went to a play. The play was "Little Shop of Horrors". It was a musical based on a horror film from the 1960's. Sounds awful doesn't it? It wasn't that bad. It would fit into the category of dark comedy. A guy Jeremy works with was one of the main characters. They kept things pretty light hearted to it was more cheesy than dark. Probably not the kind of play we'd go to just because, but since we knew one of the actors we decided to try it. (it was also free!) Overall it was pretty good. Isaiah spent the night at Jeremy's parents so we decided we should take advantage of not having to rush home. We went to Applebees and enjoyed their 1/2 price appetizers. We may do that again!
- What do you do when you have a whole day without a child to look after? I hardly knew what to do with myself on the 4th! Needless to say I didn't get near everything done that I could have, but it was a good day just the same. Jeremy's parents and his brother came for supper and to bring Isaiah home so I made bread in the morning and Jeremy made lemon meringue pies for dessert. They both turned about great.
- It's almost time to put Isaiah to bed so I'd better sign off. I will try to not allow so much time to pass before I post again. I'll try to add some pictures soon also.
Thursday, July 05, 2007
Updates
This update is longer overdue. Here is a run down of what's been going on around here.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Jeremy makes pies!?! That's terrific.
ReplyDeleteBTW, After 2 hours, Marin finally fell asleep today. We realized she isn't just teething...she also has roseola. It's a virus that includes a high fever followed by a rash on their chest and back. Most children have it at some point before kindergarten. Not serious thankfully and I believe we're over the worst of it.
-Jo
O wow...it's been years since I've been to Long's park for fireworks....they do it right huh? Was it too much for the little man? I remember how freaked shannon would get when he wasn't expecting it....we missed them all this year the kids were so dissapointed. 33 weeks you are getting there! It goes quickly at the end....except the hot summer.....
ReplyDeleteSounds like you've been busy. It's great that you and Jeremy had some time to yourselves. Quite a treat I would imagine!
ReplyDeleteHi Sabrina - I'm thinking and praying for you a lot these days! Thanks for updating.
ReplyDelete