
We're home! Jeremy and I spent Thursday evening through this afternoon with our leadership team (part of it). We stayed at a very nice lodge in the Belleville, PA area. Friday we had a guy come speak to just our team and then Friday night and Saturday we were at Locust Grove Mennonite for a conference on prayer. Everything we heard was great, but I must admit we're a bit overloaded right now! Very good teaching though.
We left Isaiah with Jeremy's parents. This was the first we have left him overnight. It was hard to leave him, but after we were gone it wasn't too bad. Thankfully, he did great. Jeremy's parents were very impressed with how well he slept how well he listening to them. I just had to put that in there because Jeremy and I felt just a bit proud of him. :) I think he had a blast. He was very excited to see us when we got there today. For some reason he didn't get a very good nap today though so till we got him home he was a wreck. We weren't in the door 10 minutes when he tripped and banged his head against the piano. Needless to say he cried and cried. Then I gave him his bath and every little thing set him off. He is an emotional little guy when he's tired. It was so good to be with him again that it didn't even bother me. Now he's sleeping soundly in his crib with his puppy and Rufus.
A big highlight of the weekend was that I felt pretty good the whole time. I was a little worried. I know it helped a lot that I didn't have any responsibilities and there was plenty of good food to keep me filled up. It's a wonderful thing to sit down to a full course meal that I didn't have to cook!
I think Jeremy and I are going to unwind while watching some Andy Griffith DVD's. I hope you are all having a great weekend
he's so cute! thanks for the update - I like reading about other people's life and every day experiences. Are you coming through IN any time soon> I was just thinking that I should see your kid before he's a teenager! (I mean, and see you of course)
ReplyDeleteGlad to hear you guys had a nice time away. It's also nice to get that first overnight trip under your belt. Now that Marin has slept over, I can relax knowing she'll be okay to do it again sometime.
ReplyDeleteSorry we had to postpone lunch but I love having that flexibility with you!
Take Care,
jo
Glad to hear you had a good weekend. No cooking -- Yay!! I'm curious as to who Rufus is...?
ReplyDelete~ Joy