Saturday, January 06, 2007

First of all an apology for the lack of posts lately (assuming you care!). I simply have not been on the computer much lately. We had a wonderful time in Thunder Bay with my family. Everyone arrived safely and also arrived home safely. Praise the Lord! Jeremy and I have decided that driving straight though is a very long trip. We made it home in a little over 19 hours (don't ask how fast we were driving). We had very good roads and because we drove straight through we were on the PA turnpike very early in the morning which meant we didn't have to deal with traffic. Anyone that has driven the PA turnpike before will understand what I'm talking about. Two years ago to the day we totaled our car in an accident on the turnpike. Needless to say we were very happy to be home even though it was hard to say goodbye to family. The big new of our trip was Brandon and Cindy's announcement that they are going to be parents this July!! We're very excited for them!

I think we're slowly getting back into the swing of "normal" (?) life. We've had a busy week and Jeremy is preaching tomorrow so life is busy. Isaiah seems be growing up in front of our eyes. He's ability to communicate has greatly increased in the last weeks. He still doesn't say much other than ball, mama, and something like adada for daddy, but he grunts and "talks" to try to tell us what he wants. He's favorite past time it eating dry, cold cereal. He regularly goes to the cupboard and pulls out which kind he wants and then carries it to wherever we are in the house until we give him a few. He's favorite toy recently is a set of nesting blocks he got for his birthday. He understands that they should be stacked, but hasn't quite figured out the different sizes. Today he was trying to put one block inside of the other. He thinks it's great to do it, but he gets pretty frustrated when he can't get it to work out right. Oh boy. :) He adds a lot of joy to our lives for sure!

Well, I don't have much more to say. I'll try to post some pictures soon. I hope you are all having a great New Year!

5 comments:

  1. What a great pic of Grandma and the gkids...Chloe is looking a lot like Angel. Congrats to Brandon and Cindy! It really seems like everyone is having babies.

    -jo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the picture of your mom and the kids. Thanks for sharing it.

    And, did you see that I tagged you yet again? :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Sabrina! I am so sorry. Happy Belated Birthday. A couple more years till the Big one. Hope you had a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to hear you survived all the driving. Cute picture -- your nieces are getting so big!


    ~ Joy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah, Happy Birthday! And a COUPLE more years till the big one? If my memory serves me, it should just be one more year till the big one, right?? = ) ugh. I don't want to think about it. But hope you had a fun day! = )

    ReplyDelete