
This picture is a good representation of what Isaiah is into (literally!) these days. For some reason he loves the drawer under the stove. He likes to take everything out of the drawer or get into the drawer. If you look closely you will see an empty Cheerios box, a tea towel, a fire truck and he's reaching for a basting brush that he had swiped from one of my other drawers. I feel like all I get done in a day is picking up things he empties or takes apart, but he is a joy. I love watching him explore. The other day he was "reading" a litle book while I was changing his diaper. As I watched him his eyebrows went up and down. I guess the box was a a real brow raiser! Yesterday he took some big steps (no pun intended) toward walking. He walked half way across the living room. He had a huge smile on his face the whole time. He is growing up. I washed my Bobby yesterday. I could have cried. He really can survive without me now.
In other news I feel like I am so undisciplined right now with my eating. Can anyone else identify? Do you have any tips? I know I eat because I'm stressed or bored, or every once in awhile because I'm hungry. Grrr. Christmas is just around the corner and I know that isn't going to help at all!
By the way, my husband does have a head (see previous post) :).
I've read several places that shampooing your hair everyday isn't good for it. Instead you are to use shampoo only every other day and on the off day just rinse and use conditioner. I thought this sounded like a good idea, but didn't think it would work real well for me. Well, I tried it and I was surprised to find that my hair really did feel clean! It may have been a little flatter than usual, but in my case that's not a bad thing. I suggest you all try this and then let me know what you think.
Did you know that Christmas is only 5 weeks from yesterday! I know, I feel off my chair too!
Well, time to spend some time with my husband. Thanks for reading (if you're still reading!) Thanks for leaving your comments too. I enjoy reading them!
I'm going to try the hair tip, and I'll let you know what I think. Flatter hair would be okay for me.
ReplyDeleteAnd I'm here to tell you that you can keep on pretending Isaiah is a baby for a long time... :)
Yep, made it all the way to the end... I'm considering your hair idea. my fear is that I could ring grease out if it by the end of the second day. Doesn't that paint a lovely picture?
ReplyDeleteThat is a very interesting tip. I use 2 in 1 so it probably wont work. I guess I could just get conditioner for the in between day. Just wanted to say Happy Thanksgiving. I feel your pain about wanting to eat all the time. I think we are so used to eating so much when we are nursing and then when we are done we still want to eat. I am with you lady. Maybe we need to do some accountability thing??
ReplyDeleteVery cute photo! I think that's funny that he likes to sit in your drawer. Excuse my stupidity, but what is a Bobby and why do you wash it? Just wondering. Sometimes I pray for God to take away my desire for junk food. And He does, as long as I'm working at it too. It's not like a magic potion or anything, but why not. I have to remember to ask Him for help and not try to be strong on my own. But tell me about it - I LOVE to eat. Yes, esp when I'm bored or lonely.
ReplyDeleteRobyn, a Boppy is a nursing pillow -wonderful! At first I wasn't sure I liked it, but as Isaiah grew I liked it more and more. You need to try one for your next baby!
ReplyDeleteHave any of you heard of sparkspeople.com? It's a free weight loss site. It's really interesting. You can keep track of calories etc. I wonder if there is any kind of accountablitly thing there?? Check it out and let me know what you think
I love reading your posts, Sabrina. Thanks for the honesty. I struggle with eating, too. One of the downpoints of being home all day! My self-discipline in this area is quite lacking. When I am in control of my eating, I feel so much better!! I started a blog today- becauseofezra.blogspot.com. I posted a picture of Ezra. When Rhoda sends me her pictures from Thanksgiving, I'll post some updated pictures!
ReplyDeleteCharity