Since Isaiah will soon be 1 we will soon be looking for a forward facing car seat. I've noticed that there are MANY different styles out there. I'm wondering if any of you mom's have any suggestions. Are there certain things you really like or dislike about your child's car seat? I'd appreciate all the advice you have! Thanks!
Hi Sabrina, we got the advice to get a car seat with a recline on it. It comes in handy when taking trips, then you can lay them back some, its nice. Thats my advice for car seats. Its nice to see pictures of you and your little guy :)
ReplyDeleteHi Sabrina, it is hard to believe Isaiah is a year old already. We had a car seat for Adalie that had a bar across the front, it was probably the safest, but it wasn't nice when we would travel because she could never look at books or put anything on her lap. Now we have one without the bar and she loves it. Also make sure it isn't time consuming to buckle. Some car seats are worse then others. I didn't know I had so many opinions about this, but make sure too that you can take the car seat cover off so you can wash it. The new one that we have can come off and that was very handy when Adalie got car sick and pucked all over her seat. Have fun shopping!
ReplyDeleteYeah, make sure it's one that is easily done up, without putting 60 buckles together. That's all I have to say. Oh, one more thing - my oldest now buckles her own! Yeah!
ReplyDeleteSelena here... I also recommend the recline... especially for long trips. I really like the one we got for Jadon. I'll have to look up the model for you and let you know what it is.
ReplyDeleteHi Melissa -welcome!
ReplyDeleteThanks to you all for the comments, they are all very helpful! We need to start looking soon.
Can't wait to see pics of the party. Happy Birthday, Isaiah! The pic of you prego is so nice. I'm so amazed of how well you carried your baby. I kind of miss those days in a weird way.
ReplyDeleteI don't really have much advice on the car seat thing since I'm not at that stage yet. However, I purchased one (from a friend at a yard sale) with a bar on the front and now I might be regretting it after reading Laronda's post.
-Jolinda