Wednesday, August 07, 2013

May 2013 -Mom and Dad's Visit

We enjoyed a visit from my mom and dad in May.  Dad and my brother Matt flew to OR to surprise Brandon and attended the service at he and Cindy's church when Brandon was licensed as an associate pastor.  Heather and I and our children (we missed Cindy and Anna, Adam and Ashton! :( )took the opportunity to surprise mom with a 60th birthday party.  By the time Dad and Matt got to OR and Mom's party was over I was so tired of keeping surprises!  You know that feeling where you don't even want to answer the phone for fear you'll tell someone something and ruin a surprise?  That was me for about 2 weeks.  It was well worth it. 

We moved to this house almost 8 years ago.  I've often dreamed of serving friends a breakfast on our back porch.  Mom's party was the chance I was looking for.  We invited a few of her close friends & family (from this area) and we enjoyed brunch and fellowship on the porch. 

Did I mention we missed Cindy, Anna, Adam and Ashton? :(
  While Mom was here she helped the kids and I make donuts.  Wow, were they good. Sorry about the weird color on these pictures.  Some day I'll learn how to use this camera! 





When Dad got back from OR he took the boys fishing.  They loved it.  Nate was very interested in cleaning the fish.  He did NOT get his interest from his mom.

This visit was the first time Dad got to meet Zachary (4 months) They liked each other just fine. :)
Saying goodbye. :(
Four generations 

2 comments:

  1. Love all the photo updates! The donuts look fabulous. I side with you on voting NO for cleaning fish.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sab, I was missing you guys this morning and thought "I haven't stopped by Sabrina's blog in a while". Thanks so much for doing this. Its great to see into your world. Love and miss you all. - Brandon

    ReplyDelete