I use Pioneer Woman's The Perfect Pie Crust recipe. I use half butter, half Crisco and I mix it in my food processor.
Pumpkin Pie
1 c. brown sugar
1/2 teas salt
2 teas. cornstarch
1/4 teas. ginger
1/4 teas. cloves
1 teas. cinnamon
1 15 oz can pumpkin
3 eggs, beaten
1 1/2 c. milk, scaled
Preheat oven to 425. I usually put an empty cookie sheet in the oven at this point so it is hot when I am ready to bake the pie. I also back pies on a lower rack than other things because sometimes the crust doesn't brown right even with the cookie sheet. Any suggestions?
Mix brown sugar, salt, cornstarch, ginger, cloves and cinnamon together. Stir in pumpkin. Add beaten eggs and stir. Added scalded milk and stir. (I usually add the milk a little at a time so it doesn't mess up the eggs -that could happen right?) Mix well and pour into unbaked pie crust. Then (this is important!) sprinkle more of the spices over the top of the pie and swirl with a fork.
Back at 425 for 15 minutes. Reduce heat to 350 and continue baking for 30 minutes (longer in my oven, but my oven is weird) or until crust is browned and pumpkin is stiff in the middle and does not move when you move the pan.
No comments:
Post a Comment