Today our little Zachary is 1 month old. I guess it's time to update the blog. What a sweet gift God has given us. Zachary is a very typical newborn. He sleeps a lot, poops a lot, and yes some days he cries a lot. We love him so much. Here are few things I want to remember from the pregnancy and his birth.
Pregnancy:
-40 weeks, 3 days (Even though I thought I would be early this time. Why do I do that to myself?!)
-Cravings: Snickers bars and gum. These two things got me through the yucky sickness of the first 12-13 weeks.
-2 ultrasounds. One at 20 weeks (it's a boy!) and one at 35 weeks because I was measuring about 2 weeks ahead of where I should have been. This was pretty consistent through the whole pregnancy.
-I gained 27 lbs.
Labor
-born Saturday, February 2, 2012
-9+ hours of labor. After Callie's 5 hour "easy" delivery I was hoping for a short labor. Nope.
-Contractions started around 8:30 on Saturday morning. Zachary was born at 6:27 PM
Zachary David
I'll never forgot April 26, 2012 sitting in the little waiting room when the doctor came and told us Jeremy's tumor was benign. I'm not one to see visions, but I felt like Gods arms opened up and a flood of hopes and dreams that I had laid down or had tried not to think about came pouring out. The first being the hope for more children. On April 1, 2012 I marked this verse in my Bible:
"I am still confident of this:
I will see the goodness of the LORD
in the land of the living;
Wait for the LORD; be strong and take heart
and wait for the Lord. Psalm 27: 13-14
I've loved the name Zachary for a long time. I think it's been on our name list since before Isaiah was born, but we never used it. When we found out we were having a boy I started looking for names. The meaning of a name has always been important to us when naming our children. When I saw that Zachary meant "God has remembered" it seemed fitting for a little guy. Even in the midst of hard times God does not forget His promises to His children. David means "Beloved" and is Jeremy's middle name.
Our big "little" guy. My midwife mentioned several times during my pregnancy that this could be a big baby. The first thing she said when he was born was "that's a big baby". Zachary is my biggest baby by 1 pound weighing at 9 lbs 3 oz.. I like this picture of him because it shows his chubby legs. Needless to say the NB size sleepers are no longer being used. :)
So much more to share about Zachary and life as a family of 6. I'll probably blog again in about a month or a year. :(
this was a wonderful blog entry and i'm so glad you have a healthy son! i'm sure i've said it before, but i would love to meet your family some day and now it actually seems likely. :)
ReplyDeleteLove this! Great post.
ReplyDeleteAwesome, just awesome. Can't wait to see you guys again someday.
ReplyDeleteThanks for the blog Sabrina, very interesting, He is so very precious!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful entry... I'm just loving that little guy! So good to get a snuggle yesterday!
ReplyDeleteThis post made me cry! How sweet & how wonderful for you guys to be holding your precious new baby boy!! God is good! (All of the time!) :)
ReplyDeleteLove,
Ang
YYYYAAAAYYYY!!!! i have been checking religiously for awhile to find a post on your new little man. congratulations!!! tickled for you. he is gorgeous...meg told me she got to snuggle him at chel's wedding. eeekkkk. so jealous. :) take care...~missy.
ReplyDelete