My friend Rhonda used this blogging format on her blog. She found the idea here: http://thesimplewomansdaybook.blogspot.com/ I have to admit I don't know much about The Simple Woman's Day Book, but I loved this idea.
TODAY
Outside my window... Dark with the exception of Christmas lights. Isaiah and Nathan think we are the only house on the street that doesn't hang lights. I love the idea, but the work...
I am thinking... this baby is running out of room in there, but I love all the kicks and movement.
I am thankful... for a quiet house. Sleep is not a favorite thing around here lately. I can't figure it out. We're trying some new things.
In the kitchen... is a stack of recipe cards for Christmas cookies. How many should I make? What kind?
I am wearing... anything that fits. I'll be 33 weeks tomorrow!
I am creating... oh this one makes me sad. I long to create something, anything. I'm a pinterest addict, but rarely find the time (may or may not have something to do with pinterest addiction) or energy or money to put things together. I did sew a dress for Callie for her birthday. I have to say I was pretty proud of myself for starting it and finishing it all before her party.
I am going...to have a baby someday. I won't be pregnant forever.
I am wondering... how to keep priorities straight. how to say no to things that suck life and energy and how to gain vision and insight for what I am called to do. Daily.
I am reading... "Boundaries" by Dr. Henry Cloud and Dr. John Townsend. I need it. Also read about the first ice boxes and steam engines today.
I am hoping... for a relaxing, peaceful, joy filled Christmas.
I am looking forward to... holding this baby, starting a New Year
I am learning...that I can't control very much. Also, learning that if I really want my kids to know how to fold laundry and clean the bathroom I'm going to have to take the time to show them, with patience.
Around the house...there's laundry that's folded but not put away, piano music, Christmas CD's, Legos, books, so many books.
I am pondering... what I don't know. As I look back on this year I can't help but remember days when we thought life was so hard only to be hit later with something harder and deeper to tread through. And yet those low times have made the simpler times sweeter; kids birthdays, decorating a Christmas tree, family times. I'm mourning loss, celebrating life, reaching for something deeper, but scared of what it might take to reach it.
A favorite quote for today..."OK Mommy".
One of my favorite things...our nativity set, hope, quiet evening
A few plans for the rest of the week: Hopefully make some Christmas cookies, wrap some gifts, slow down
A peek into my day... I'm on the wrong computer to post pictures, but if you have an imagination: Callie leading Nate around like a dog, piano lessons, two kids in pj's at the supper table (no they weren't in them all day and no I didn't ask why), strawberry lotion squeezed into several different play bowls and pans, sad little girl because her birthday lotion is almost gone, a frustrated mother, a quiet evening, the second in a row. So needed and so enjoyed.
Loved this! Thanks for taking time for us today. We are blessed.
ReplyDeletethis was so good to read. i would really love to meet your little family someday! :)
ReplyDeleteI love your post! :) It was really nice to see you guys at Alli's wedding -- I'm especially glad Jeremy & Edy got to see each other face to face :) We're excited to hear about the arrival of your new baby!
ReplyDeleteLove,
Ang
Love this, Sabrina! I hope you and your precious family have a Merry Christmas!
ReplyDelete