I just realized that I never posted about our camping trip from last month. Will I ever post about current things again or will I always be a month behind? :(
We went camping one weekend in October. We thought: "Who else camps in October? Surely we will have the place to ourselves". When we pulled up to the camp office I saw a sign that said "Campground full. Do not enter". Yeah right. Someone just forgot to take the sign down the end of August right? Jeremy went to the office. He came back out. Everything is full, but one site and it's surrounded by boy scouts. We decided to live dangerously and took that last sight. Yes. were were surrounded by many small boys, but other than a few that ran through our site and the noise, they didn't bother us. They must have had some good leaders. They were all quiet before by 10:00.
We had beautiful, slightly cold weather. Much better than humid and hot.
 |
| Our food was simple and processed. I know my limits. |
 |
| Cutting wood. Wet wood that didn't want to burn, but it kept them busy. Callie spent much of her time crawling around and exploring. Keeping an eye on her was a full time job. |
 |
| Brothers. |
 |
| The little grey speck by the falls is Jeremy with Isaiah and Nate. Pictures like this (all the people) remind me that I don't link in "the bush" anymore. It was just slightly crazy. At one point a small boy asked me to watch his blanket while he played. I finally went in search of his parent so I could move on to another spot. Another time I saw a person wearing green skinny jeans. He was much past slightly older than someone who should wear skinny jeans. It's been a month and I still remember. Yes, slightly crazy, but entertaining all the same. |
 |
| More hiking. She loved the backpack, but also enjoyed trying to keep up with the rest of us. |
 |
| Fire, fire, let's all play with fire. |
 |
We did a lot of hiking. It was a good 24 hours away. I think next time we'll try for longer. It was so nice to be away from phones and noise and laundry and other things that needed done. It was good to be together as a family.
In closing, Nate shared these thoughts with me late at night by the fire:
Nate: "I would feel bad if I were walking along and saw a sign that said "you are lost" because that person that made that sign wouldn't know how to get back and I wouldn't know how to get back". |
looks so fun! I liked your food comment. ; ) looks like you made a lot of memories.
ReplyDeleteLoved this!! Well, except the green skinny jeans part. Now my mind is left to try and conjure up a picture of this horror on it's own. Not good. :) Green? Really? I'm picturing bright lime green.
ReplyDeleteWe talk every summer that we need to take the kids camping. Hasn't happened yet. :( I'm sure your kids had a blast and won't forget the trip for a long time!
ReplyDeleteSo fun and what great memories. P.S. I love Nate!
ReplyDeleteI love the processed food part! Go Sabrina!
ReplyDeleteProcessed food is what camping is all about :-) And thanks for saving the best for last...love that comment by Nate!
ReplyDelete