Wednesday, September 01, 2010

True Woman


Several months ago I received this book. The understanding was that I would read it and blog about it before September. I'm feeling very guilty that it is now September 9th and I still haven't blogged about it. :( Please do not expect to read a professional book review. This will simply be my thought on this book. Here goes.

The very title of the book "Voices of the True Woman Movement; A Call to the Counter-Revolution" grabbed my attention. How do I as a woman be a Christ follower in the culture that I live in? The fact that the book comes with Nancy Leigh DeMoss's name on it was the main reason I wanted to read it.

I've never met Nancy, but she has definitely been a mentor to me through her books and radio programs. I appreciate her Biblical based teaching. She backs up what she says with Scripture.

In October 2008, Revive Our Hearts hosted the first True Woman Conference in Chicago. This book is a collection of the messages from that conference. Contributors include DeMoss, John Piper, Mary Kassian, Joni Eareckson Tada and Janet Parshall.

I realize that the very title of this book will make some cringe and may have stopped reading already. I was drawn to it.

I plan to (hope to) blog more about this book in the days to come. If you are interested in reading the book let me know.

1 comment:

  1. When I saw this book I was wondering if it's the same one my church Bible study is doing. But last night I found out that it's "The True Woman" by Susan Hunt. So not the same one. Anyway, this one looks really interesting and I'll be interested to hear more of your thoughts on it.

    ReplyDelete