Sunday, September 19, 2010

Tidbits

Tidbit: A choice morsel (according to Webster)

We just had cinnamon rolls and orange Julius's for supper. I made everyone eat cucumbers too so I wouldn't feel so guilty.

I had a yard sale this week with my grandma. I made about $70. I figure that works out to about $.13 per hour that I put into it, but getting junk out of the house was well worth it.

I was without a kitchen faucet for exactly 8 days last week. I ran out of patience for it after 2 days. The part finally came yesterday. I have never been so happy to see running water. It just seems impossible to really get anything clean without hot running water. I do have a dishwasher that got used ALOT. I guess I'm spoiled.

Callie had her 9 month check up this week. She weighs 17lb something. She's now in the 26th percentile for her weight and the 89th for her height. She is crawling everywhere and pulls herself up on things. She's starting to crawl faster when I go after her and tonight she almost laughed. :( She reminds us a lot of Isaiah at this age. She does a lot of talking that sounds like singing. This is new for us. I guess it's a girl thing. As I type she's headed for the steps for the 157th time tonight.

Isaiah told Jeremy tonight that it would be ok if Jeremy said he liked Callie more than him. While he was saying it he was almost crying. Where did that come from?? Nearly broke my heart. It was a good time to reaffirm our love for all three children.

I was looking at old pictures the other night. My heart hurt.

I am reading a book I stole from my grandma how was trying to sell it at our yard sale. It was published in 1944. It's called "Listen, Bells Ring". The word "gay" meant something different back then.

4 comments:

  1. Hey, I liked your tid bits. very choice and random. = ) Sounds like Callie and Aleah have opposite issues. ha. Thanks for updating!! In this age of dwindling interest in blogging, it's good to know I can count on you. = ) And now I really want a cinnamon roll.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you on the dwindling blogs. So sad. I wish we could get our girls together!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like this. Especially cinnamon rolls, orange julius & cucumbers for supper. :) I also loved your discipline tactic (nuggets) after shopping from another post. I will have to keep that one in mind!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. it makes me feel so good to know you served that to your family for supper. :-)

    ReplyDelete