Today was just one of those days. I managed to make it to Aldi's and Wal-Mart and did one load of laundry, but other than that I'm not sure what else I got done. I guess I did make supper and took care of children, but over all it was a rather unproductive, unmotivated day. Thankful tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it yet.
I filled up the little pool for the boys this afternoon. There's almost not room for both of them in it anymore. They loved it though and didn't complain. It's now full of grass -"people". I'm excited to put Callie in one of these days. She has two very cute bathing suits to try out. I figure she can enjoy them now before she gets to the age where she has to learn about modesty. How am I going to teach her to be modest?
Yesterday I planted a garden. Laugh, choke, wink, wink. I've decided it's an organic garden. Only because it doesn't look like anything you would normally call a garden. Basically it's just a little patch of grass that we dug up and I threw in some plants. It's right next to our shed. Under the shed lives George, the groundhog. So far he hasn't bothered anything. So far...
Callie is only 5 1/2 months old and already I'm fighting her on something and probably losing. She likes to suck her thumb. It's so cute and it really does help her sleep better, but I feel discouraged thinking of having to make her stop sucking it at some point. There are so many things to teach children to do or not to do. I really wanted to avoid this, but it doesn't look like I'm going to win this battle. Oh well. She also really likes her Nuk, so maybe there's still a small hope. On the upside, she is finally sleeping through the night. And as always, she's a doll and I can't stop kissing her cheeks.
I'm trying to to potty train Nate. I think I'll just stop there.
Isaiah and I had a rough evening. However he just told me he loved me and that sometime he wants to paint a heart on my hand. I do love that kid so much. Nate heard him and said he wants to paint a heart on his hand too. Isaiah said he can't do that because boys don't like hearts. Only girls.
Looking forward to a new day tomorrow. God is good and is grace is sufficient.
as an older mom (ha, that almost makes me cringe...maybe i mean a young mom with older kids), can i just encourage you to not worry about the thumb sucking? i had 3 that sucked their thumbs in spite of my valiant efforts to get them to use a soother, and in the end they all were able to stop when they were 4. it took some work, but for me it wasn't worth the battle before then.
ReplyDeletealso, i think your day wasn't so unproductive...especially if you had time to fill a pool for your boys. hang in there. :)
yes, about the thumb sucking, if she does that instead of a soother, no getting up at night to find the plug and stick it back in for her! I think I'd rather have a thumb sucker. = ) And I'm with Rhonda, your day doesn't sound unproductive at all! Hope today is a good one for you.
ReplyDeleteThanks Rhonda and Rachel, your comments are very encouraging! I have to say she is extremely cute when she's sucking her thumb. :)
ReplyDeleteShopping is always considered productive, especially with 3 kids in tow. Or maybe surviving a shopping trip with 3 kids is where you get the "amazing mom" award :) Sigh . . . we all have those days!
ReplyDeleteI agree with the others -- I thought your day sounded pretty productive to me! I've found that if I set my daily to-do list too high, then I'll only get frustrated and disappointed in myself. If I keep it realistic (focus on laundry OR one store OR baking something OR cleaning out a closet) then I'm really impressed with myself if I actually manage to get extra things done. :)
ReplyDeleteVery brave of you to plant things next to George...hope he behaves himself!
I am totally feeling your "pain" (of getting little accomplished in a days time) and I only have ONE.:) Isaac also LOVES his thumb. But I can't even begin to dream of taking yet one more thing from him. So I was very encouraged by everyone's comments! Thanks to those I don't even know!! Blessed my day.:)
ReplyDelete