Sunday, March 14, 2010

Odd Style

It's Sunday, so I guess it's time to post. I am so glad that God decided we needed a day of rest. we've had a very busy week. I'm hoping for a much slower pace this next week. I'm trying to find something wild and exciting to tell you, but I'm drawing a blank. Here are a few random highlights from things rolling around in my brain.

-The boy's new bedroom is finished! I'll try to post pictures soon. Now comes the fun job of moving them up there. The hardest part is going to be moving Nate from his crib to a toddler bed. I know, I know, he's 2 1/2 and should have been moved months ago, but why fix something that isn't broken right?

-Once the boys are moved upstairs Callie will be moving into the crib -finally. I had decide long before she was born that there was no need to redecorate the nursery for a little girl. I figured I'd wait until she got a little older and then decorate. I changed my mind. After Christmas I found a bumper pad and crib skirt 50% off -totaling $15. I decided for that price I would make the nursery look a little more girl friendly. It might look a little odd because nothing else in the room is pink, but oh well. :)

-Speaking of Callie, she is 3 months old now. I have no idea where the last 3 months have gone. She has stolen all of our hearts. Isaiah told me today that he thinks Callie likes him better than anyone else. He might be right.

-I made my own cream of chicken soup for the first time on Friday. I know a lot of you do this all the time, but it was a first for me. I don't think I'll ever buy the stuff again. I try not to make recipes that call for condensed soups because they are so unhealthy. This recipe will bring back some old favorites.

-Several weeks ago Jeremy was installed as an associate pastor at our church. We feel like this is where God is leading us. However, it is still a humbling, sobering place to be. We're part of an incredible church family. The support and encouragement we receive is overwhelming.

-I'm in the mood to sew something. I get hit with this notion (no pun intended) every once in awhile. I think Callie is bringing on the urge this time. Easter is coming up. we'll see if anything comes of it.

-Isaiah put his pants on backwards this morning. I realized it just before we walked out the door for church. It's now 5:21 and they are still on backwards.

-Speaking of style (which I wasn't, but sort of I guess) here are a few pictures that show off our style around here. I refuse to take credit for most of it.







6 comments:

  1. Good to hear from you and nice pictures! Some are quite, um, interesting... = ) Cute kids as always. Your girl is getting so big!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those pictures made me laugh! Congratulations to Jeremy on officially being installed as pastor. I've been meaning to hunt up a recipe for cream of chicken soup...thanks for the reminder. :) Enjoyed catching up a bit on life around your house.

    ReplyDelete
  3. the notion to sew...is it the same as when we would get our notion to exercise? ha ha..
    tina

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tina -sometimes it's almost as painful!:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sabrina, Thank you so much
    for the pictures !! :)
    Callie is getting so big !! What a little sweetie !!
    I beleive that Callie will grow up being VERY protected by those "dangerous" looking big brothers !! :)
    Looking forward to Easter weekend together yet, before heading west !!! Mom

    ReplyDelete
  6. They are all so dang cute! I love it that you don't let their sense of style (or lack thereof) bother you. Esp going to church w/ backwards pants! :-)

    ReplyDelete