Saturday, September 06, 2008

Story Hour

Yesterday I took Isaiah too his first Story Hour at the library. As parents, do you ever have those moments where life stands still and for a few seconds you grasp what life is all about and that it is moving very quickly and all you want to do is hold the moment? I had one of those moments watching Isaiah enjoy the Story Hour. He goes to Sunday School, but I don't often get to see him interacting with other children in a class room setting like this. It just amazes me how grown up he is becoming. He pretty much to just watched took it in, but I think he enjoyed it. He must have because at 6:15 this morning he was standing by our bed saying "Library, library!".

I had another "life keeps moving" moment last night when we were at Kmart looking for shoes for Isaiah. He looked so grown up and was very excited to have new shoes. We did find a pair of shoes. I'm not totally sold on them, but they were the right price so I'll adjust. I'm a little worried about what he will do when I try to pitch his old shoes. He calls them his "motorcycle" shoes. (Not sure why other than that he loves motorcycles) They have a hole in the bottom of one of the shoes that leaves a lovely brown spot on his socks whenever he wears them, and the seams are starting to pop, but he loves them. In fact he sleeps with them on for most of his naps. He doesn't like to take them off. Enough about shoes.

We saw a bumper sticker today that said "DRIVE CAREFULLY; 90% of people are caused by accident. " Think about it... :)

3 comments:

  1. It's good to catch up with you (I haven't been here in a little while). I can always use a reminder to slow down and stare at my children and tuck away those memories in my heart.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too ironic! For the first time, I took Marin to storytime at the library last Tuesday. We're going again this Tues. She really enjoyed it.
    -jo

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's been a while since I checked your blog. So nice to catch up. Thanks for the great recipes. I look forward to trying them out. I had to check Ezra's measurements...at one year, he was 22lbs 14oz, and 33" inches tall. So, Nathan has him beat. I don't think Asher will be as big as Ezra. Already, he is "only" in the 75%, where I think Ezra (and Nathan) are close to the top of the charts. It will be fun to see what they are like as men! I can't believe that day will ever come!

    ReplyDelete