Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Meltdown

I know I've mentioned that Isaiah is an intense child. Here's an example. Last night Jeremy read Richard Scarry's "Sergeant Murphy's Busy Day" to him. Isaiah had a complete meltdown when he he saw that Sophie Pig's mother lost her hat and emptied her purse while running to meet Sophie. We finally showed him the next page where Mrs. Pig is wearing her hat and carrying her purse. I thought girls were supposed to be the emotional ones! Is this a first born thing?

P.S. Note on the spider post. Yes, I did kill it myself, but it wasn't pretty. I screamed like a girl. I had serious thoughts of calling to see if my uncle that lives across the street was home, but decided I needed to deal with it myself. Jeanette and Crystal, I'll have to look for the stuff you mentioned!

3 comments:

  1. Hey Sabrina! I enjoy reading your blog even though I don't comment much or update my own blog very often. :( My oldest (who just turned 4) is very intense also. Here's a book that has helped me: Raising Your Spirited Child by Mary Sheedy Kurcinka. It's not from a directly Christian perspective but it has some great insights for understanding and handling intense children.

    ReplyDelete
  2. what was isaiah like as an infant?
    I am still trying to figure out where kyan fits!

    PS - too funny that Net and I left the same posting - never saw hers!
    Just shows how well it works!
    My Grandmother gave me a can for my wedding shower since she is the one who introduced it to us and I practily used her whole can when I lived up there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ann Marie, I'm glad you read my blog -I check your's often too. I'm going to look for the book you mentioned. Jeremy is also a first born so he is pretty good at understanding where Isaiah is coming from. That has been a huge help!

    Crystal, Isaiah was pretty intense even as an infant. He seemed to understand things long before he should have. Must be a first born thing. :)

    ReplyDelete