Ellie and Angel
Anna

Mary, Carrie and Laura...thanks to Grandma who made these "little house" dresses.
We had a wonderful week with my family. Highlights from the week:
- Nathan and I drove to the airport of April 26 to pick up Brandon, Cindy and Anna.
- We had a lot of fun watching Nathan and Anna together. They loved watching each other, eating sweet potatoes and Cheerios together, and playing together.
- Brandon and Cindy stayed with us. We enjoyed staying up talking to them and watching Andy Griffith.
- From Thursday through Sunday Matt's joined us and we spent the weekend at Jeremy's parents. They moved out and allowed us to enjoy their house for the weekend. What a blessing to all be together in a place big enough to hold us all comfortably.
- The guys enjoyed a game of Frisbee golf. The ladies prepared food, talked, sat on the porch, talked, played with children.
- We played lots of Blockus
- Watched Ellie, Nate and Anna play.
- Ate some incredible food
- Enjoyed having Angel and Riah around to play with Isaiah. They were wonderful!
- I was saddened by the fact that now that I have two children I do not have the time (or energy!) to pour time into my nieces. Even though I didn't get to spend as much time with them I did love being with them. Chloe is such a little lady. She cracks me up. Very independent. Angel and Moriah are not little anymore! They love to read and play games and help in the kitchen and are just very neat little ladies. Ellie is a sweetie. She wasn't too sure of all of us new people and a new house at first, but by the end of the weekend she was warming up. I didn't get to hold her nearly as much as I would have liked to. Anna is a doll. She seems to always be smiling. After they left I found a little pair of her pink socks they forgot to take with them. I think I'll just keep them as a little reminder that she was here. :)
I'm sure I'm missing some boring detail that I wanted to post here, but it's time I get off. Matt's went home Sunday morning, Brandon and Cindy on Monday and this morning Mom and Dad left. So life needs to get back to normal -somehow. I plan and anticipate these visits for months and then live hard for a week trying to capture every moment I can. Then one by one they leave and and life goes on. I know it wouldn't be special if we always were together. I know I need to focus full time on my husband, children and home now again, but oh it is always so hard to see it all end. Thank you Lord for an incredible family. Thank you for good memories. Thank for digital cameras that allow me to capture hundreds of pictures so I can revisit these memories again and again. Thank you for friends that read long blogs even when they have better things to be doing. :)

O how wonderful to be with your WHOLE family! I won't be seeing any of mine this year as we drove to New Mexico to Jonathan's and my folks in Red Lake all over a 2 week crazy trip last summer....yea cherish the memories til the next time! It's crazy to think of so many grandchildren for Ken and Sondra!!! Time flies!
ReplyDeletehey Sabrina thanks for the pictures, sounds like you had a wonderful time, those dresses your mom sewed are so cute what a wonderful mom you have eh?
ReplyDeleteTwila
thanks for the post and pictures - sounds like a wonderful time!
ReplyDeleteWhy am I crying? I know your post made me happy that you could all be together and I loved that picture of your mom and dad and all their grandkids. I know it makes me look forward more than ever to being with all our family again. Families are a gift aren't they? You know you can keep posting pictures even after the fact:)
ReplyDeleteWhat a cute bunch of kids! :) It's so great that your family was able to have that time all together. Hope you aren't crashing too hard from the aftermath.
ReplyDeleteThanks for the pictures! It was great to see some of your family again. It sounds like you had a great time together.
ReplyDelete