Ok, here's something to get your mind wheels turning. I need some good ideas for a date night for my husband and I. We're looking for ideas that do not cost much money, but are memorable and romantic. There's the question. Ok, so it's not very controversial, but I'm looking for some good responses!
Here's my ideas:
ReplyDeleteMini golf and supper or dessert afterward. Leave Isaiah at your Aunt's place an hour or so before Jeremy gets home from work; go home and change into something more "comfortable" (wink, wink), put a blanket on the living room floor with a candle lit dinner "picnic", etc. etc. You take it from here.
Get ice cream and walk in the park. Get coffee and walk in the park. Go shopping for new perfume/cologne for eachother, and help eachother pick them out. Go to a baseball game. Okay, there you go. :-) have fun!!!
now you have 5 readers of your blog! i'm glad you started this b/c i keep wondering what you're up to. i think robyn's got some good ideas there. we've been golfing or going on picnics for dates recently. we like taking the crockpot to the park! :) so we're weird, at least we eat well.
ReplyDeleteEvery town seems to have a stretch of neat little old shops, often a bit artsy. Force yourselves to "amble" along that stretch, hold hands, window shop...take a closer look at anything that catches your interest. Expect to find at least one little cafe to eat supper at...if not, have a back-up food plan like curly fries at Rally's and a blizzard at DQ (healthy, I know). Sometimes we have the most fun when we go somewhere without any plans or expectations, just go exploring and see what happens!
ReplyDelete~ Joy
We like to feed the kids at the normal time, put them to bed and then get Chinese takeout. Add some candlelight and some nice music and enjoy! We like not having to find a babysitter and no 'wasted' time driving!
ReplyDeletehi, this is mom
ReplyDeleteHi Ladies, thanks so much for the suggestions! Karla, thanks for posting! I love the crock pot idea! :) My mom is sitting beside me. I just showed her how to blog. She said to warn you that she'll be watching us now...:)
ReplyDeleteWow Sweetheart, you got some great input concerning the date nights. We'll have to try out some of them. I especially liked Robyns suggestions! ;) I'm pretty impressed with this whole blog thing.
ReplyDeleteYour Husband. =)