Nate turned 6 last August. Some things I want to remember about him being 6 1/2:
-He's sensitive. If his feelings are hurt his big eyes fill with tears.
-He's an artist. (he decorated his cake) He can often be found drawing. I've noticed on many occasions when I've asked him to write a word for school that he will start drawing the picture instead of the word. I am on a mission to find ways for him to use his gift of drawing to help him learn.
- He is also an expert Lego building.
-Nate wants to know how things work and is usually pretty good at figuring it out.
-He's in 1st grade. He's reading well, but not real fast. The speed seems to have more to do with his mind wondering to other things that his ability to ready. When he's reading something he's interested in he reads very well. He still sticks mostly to reading the books that came with his Phonics program. I'm looking forward to that light bulb moment when he realizes that he can read the Cheerios box.
-He and Isaiah are best friends, though they probably wouldn't admit it. I love hearing them talk after they've been tucked into bed or hearing one call the other's name in the morning to see if he is awake. They enjoy playing games together.
-When Isaiah is busy with something else Nathan also enjoys playing with Callie. He even does fine playing house until she starts calling him Honey. :)
-Of the three oldest, Nate is the one that will spend the longest amounts of time with Zachary. He is very good at following Zachary around and keeping him out of trouble and entertained.
-I recently asked Nate what he wants to be when he grows up. He answered "Well, I guess a doctor or a preacher is best, right?" I was glad I asked him the question. I'm not sure where he got his answer, but we had a good discussion about it.
-Nate sees things in a different light. I love the questions he asks because they almost always force me to look at a situation in a way I never have before. There were times when he was younger that he would asked questions that we had a hard time answering because he just couldn't get out the right words to let us know what was going on in his brain, but the older he gets the better he is at picking the right words to explain what he is wants to say, and I love hearing them.
-He's very good at making weird, crazy noises. Especially, when very bored or tired.
-Favorite color: Red or blue
-Favorite food: Pizza
-My pray for Nate is that he would become exactly who God has called him to, not what he feels he should be based on others giftings or interests.
Some of Nate's artwork:
| If Mommy refuses to buy you a castle to put in your fish tank, you draw one to tape on the wall behind it. The little white piece of paper taped to the tank says "Cowboy", that's his fish's name. |
| ...taped to the fort. The Lion head is a sticker. And sitting next to the fort was this: |
Thanks for sharing. He is such a cool kid.
ReplyDeleteHi Sabrina! We met in Glenwood store last week but didn't have time to chat. Here I am now on a retreat with my sister Rhoda and I'm using her computer. Just had to snoop around a little on the blogs she follows. Hey, you've got a nice thing going here!
ReplyDeleteI see your posts have been a little few and far between lately. This very morning I dug out a file (literal paper file) with some pages where I had made my kids journal about problems they were having with each other. Oh my! So funny! (Now) Amazingly, we don't have those issues any more!
So I'll just stick my nose in here and encourage you to use your gift to capture some fragments of your busy life on your blog.
Your blog is a friend that is always happy to see you and never asks where you've been.
Blessings,
RuthE