I love facebook. I strongly dislike facebook. I'll keep my reasons to myself. I often think of posting something, but then I figure it would only be interesting to my mom and 3 friends so I decide not to bother the rest of my "friends" with it. However, this is my blog and I can do what I want. So, here is a running list of things I could post on facebook, but decided not to.
-Should children be allowed to say hate? Or should they say "strongly dislike"?
-Isaiah and Nate started swimming lessons yesterday. Isaiah had a hard time yesterday, but today was much better. God's does answer prayers!
-Me: "Callie, where did you learn that?" C: From my friend online. Isaiah: Probably on pinterest. Me: dumbfounded
-Callie loves watching "baking movies" (full episodes of cooking shows) on foodnetwork.com Proof that she probably watches to many: While eating a lollipop, "This lollipop gives me texture in my mouth", while choosing which show to watch, "Not the man man one" I finally figured out that she meant not GUY Fieri. Guy, man, get it? The Pioneer Woman is one of her favorites. Callie calls her "The Pineapple Woman".
-Zachary had his 4 month check up on Friday. He weighs 17.6 lbs. We call him chubs. :)
-Why do kids decide they want to learn AFTER school is finished for the year?
-We are finished with school for the year! We were a few days short of the 180 we'll have to have when we start recording days, but we finished the goals I had so I am pleased. We did a lot of reading. I figured we read somewhere over 2800 pages and that didn't include any extra books we read that were not related to school.
-My house needs cleaned. I might go on strike until summer is over.
-I found $20 in a pair of pants that I hadn't worn for awhile. I of course was very delighted. Jeremy just shook his head. I figure we're up $20. He doesn't understand how I didn't realize we were down $20. Now to decide if it was grocery money or "my" piano money.
-Quote from somewhere "Organized people are too lazy to look for things"
-Jeremy does not have a lazy wife. See previous post.
-Is it possible to organize and back up digital pictures and still have a sound mind?
-twentytwowords.com is a very interesting web site. They have all kinds of useless information that I find very interesting. I'm not sure what that says about me.
-I'm very sad to not have a bigger garden this year. A walnut tree on our neighbors property (bad for tomatoes I'm told) and ground hogs are the reason.
-We just found out that one of our neighbors is FEEDING the groundhogs. :(
-Isaiah is missing his two front teeth. Someone mentioned that he looks older. I think he looks younger and I secretly love it. Sometimes he is way too serious for a 7 year old. Seeing him with no front teeth helps me to remember that he is just a kid.
-Zachary is one of the most kissed on and loved babies in the world I'm sure. He brings us so much joy. He "talks" so much.
I love using " "'s
-Nathan: "Being a lifeguard would be boring. Not many people drown. It would be really sweaty". ?
-And since this is facebook style blogging I end with "What a day! I'm off to bed".
-Here is a great recipe for bran muffins. (because no one should ever go to bed without first checking pinterest)
Oh my goodness. I think this is my favorite blog post ever. I laughed so much and loved every random thought you posted. If you posted all that stuff on Facebook I would be one of the three friends who found all those things interesting. :) Although I'm pretty sure you'd have more than 3 friends who were amused by the random thoughts of Sabrina. :) <3
ReplyDeleteVery funny! I love all the kid quotes, especially Callie/Isaiah, "Probably on pinterest." :) Sorry your neighbors are feeding the groundhogs. That's very mean of them. And finally, we try to not allow our kids to say "hate." The only problem is that I'm usually the one who messes up and DOES say it. Oy. A hard lesson to teach if I can't follow it myself. :(
ReplyDeleteLoved this post! Your kids are so funny. I would love to spend time with them again. That little Callie stole my heart :)
ReplyDeleteHA HA HA!! TOO FUNNY......
ReplyDeleteSabrina, thank you for blogging, and not facebooking all your interesting writings, I would have missed most of them !:(
ReplyDeleteSo good to read all this interesting stuff, even though it is July before I read it !!:(
One complaint; you don't blog often enough !!:( :) I am always checking it !!:)
But also glad that you are keeping your priorities straight, and not a "slave " to your computer !!:) I love you, Mom
I love your blog, Sabrina! First of all -- what a chub!!!! Chubby babies are the cutest! :) And -- we, also, learned about how hard walnut trees are on soil! I had no idea!
ReplyDeleteHope you're all enjoying the summer! :)
Love,
Angie