Endure, I mean enjoy.
- My mom's Mother's Day card is going to be late. Again. I don't think she'd recognize it as from her daughter if it arrived early.
- The royal wedding. I blogged about that a lot. In my head. I have to admit I loved it. Sadly, I also have to admit that what I love about it is what we see and not what they actually live. I love the beauty, the castles; the idea of someone putting the tooth paste on my tooth brush and cleaning all my toilets for me. The beautiful clothes. The mystery of it all. Being swept away in a helicopter to a secret locatin for a weekend with the man you love. The hats, oh I love the hats. Isaiah and Nate even enjoyed watching it. They were much more excited about the horses and carriages than the bride however. I think what drawls women to this stuff is the femininity of a beautiful bride's heart captured by a handsome prince. Though our society likes to make us think differently, I think that desire is at the core of every women though often it is regarded as weak or old fashioned. Thankfully I don't get fan mail because I'm sure some would disagree with me. Just my thoughts. Congratulations Wills and Kate.
- Did you know that when Diana died 40 "Diana doubles" lost their jobs?
- Why is that I feel I need a vacation after cleaning the bathroom? Do mother's of girls feel the same way?
- Oh the joy I experienced yesterday when I realized I could buy washing soda at Wal-Mart! Now there's something no princess will ever experience!
- Change. Exciting? Scary? Coming.
- Jeremy and I spent Friday at a homeschooling convention. If you think that no body homeschools or that it is going out you should attend this convention. It was PACKED. I am excited about teaching Isaiah this fall. There is a lot of good stuff out there. Now to decide what we want to use.
- Homeschooling is going to be an adjustment and a sacrifice. I believe it is worth it, but I'm a little nervous
- As I was wringing the water out of a wash cloth after Isaiah's bath he, dripping wet asked me "Can you just do that to me?"
- I won't give the details behind this conversation... Me: Nate, let's find a tree for you to pee on". Nate: "Or we could find a tree to hug". I have no idea.
- Callie: "Cheese!" Yes this is a big deal because she doesn't talk much at all. Daddy is a favorite and Mommy when she wants something. She jabbers a lot though. And she communicates in her own way. I'm amazed at how much she understands.
- Trying to make soft pretzel dough in the bread machine. We'll see.
- Egg beaters and a 10 min rest period. They are the secret ingredients require for good pancakes.
- Isaiah and Nate are playing something together. Nate keeps calling Isaiah "Man". As in, hey Man, don't forget your weapon. He's been calling him that a lot lately.
- I still have not finished Callie's Easter dress. :( There's always motorcycle Sunday next week. It could happen.
- Jeremy has just one more week, one paper and one final exam to go and then he will be finished with his online class. The whole family is excited.
- That's all.
motorcycle sunday? i have to know more.
ReplyDeleteI should have explained motorcycle Sunday. Good question Rhonda! Motorcycle Sunday is an outreach Sunday at our church. The "sanctuary" is filled with motorcycles and special speakers/musicians come to share. It's always a lot of fun and it's this coming Sunday. Do you want to come? :)
ReplyDeleteI am with you on the wedding...stuff that dreams are made of! they arent as royal as you and I would be...they are going to put their own toothpaste on their brushes! good for you with hoemschooling...most I know here in Alberta are doing it. Good for Jeremy at almost being done with classes!
ReplyDeleteYes, I was quite curious about motorcycle Sunday too. :) I saw in the BB that Jeremy was doing RBC's online courses -- Yay for almost reaching the end!
ReplyDeleteYou know, I think the most overwhelming thing facing parents who choose to homeschool is simply figuring out what curriculum to use from all the many, many options available nowadays. Hope your decision isn't too difficult!
Wow! Homeschooling. What a brave, exciting endeavor! I'm interested for updates on what you chose and how this goes for you!
ReplyDeleteconsider this your fan mail agreeing about everything you wrote about the royal wedding! :) i love reading your blog sabrina, and i love isaiah's comment about "can't you just do that to me?" you're a great mom!
ReplyDeletewow, a missed this post. what a great read. Glad we got the motorcycle sunday thing cleared up. thanks for posting!
ReplyDeleteHi, I stumbled across your blog and had to comment on this post. I LOVED the Royal wedding so much and loved the way you described it. Such a fairy tale. My daughter and I were up at 5 am to watch. Also, we homeschool but the kids attend homeschool classes 2 days a week. Not sure if that is available in your area (not sure where you live) but it is a wonderful guide to our homeschool journey. Best of luck!
ReplyDeleteStacey
Hey Sabrina & family! Edy & I loved watching the royal wedding as well ... there's just something special about weddings in general! I hope you're all doing great!
ReplyDeleteLove,
Ang