
Sorry for the long silence. Thank you to all that left comments about gifts for neighbors! I think I'm going to give them Friendship bread since I have A LOT of it.
I still have a few Christmas presents to buy, but I'm getting close to being done. I still need something for my almost 2 year old niece. Any suggestions? I love shopping and I love Christmas, but I'm not enjoying all the crazy crowds you have to fight to do any shopping. Jeremy has kept Isaiah for me a couple of times and that has been a huge help.
Yesterday I spent part of the day at my Lehman Grandparents house. Robyn, we made your truffles! Wow, are they ever good! I keep reminding myself that I may not have many more years left to enjoy my Grandparents so I need to make the most of my time with them. Isaiah loves playing with their toys and also enjoys watching birds and squirrels in their backyard.
The biggest news in our family is the addition of a new niece! Congratulations to Jonathan and Lori on the birth of their daughter, Lydia Grace. We are very anxious to see her! Maybe next weekend.
I'm supposed to be cleaning my house today so I'd better get back to it. We leave 2 weeks from today for Thunder Bay! I'm very excited to be there, but I am a little nervous about the trip. We'll be traveling on the 22nd and 23rd so please pray for us. Matt and Heather will be traveling around the same time and Brandon and Cindy will get there on the 24th. We'd all love a white Christmas, but hopefully not until we all get there. :)
Happy simple, relaxing Christmas to you all!
Sabrina-
ReplyDeleteDelton and I have gotten in the habit of checking your blog quite often- it is a great way to stay up to date on what is going on with you. I haven't gone Christmas shopping yet! Well, I went on a date with Delton (Ezra came, too!) to a cute little store and bought two gifts, but that is the extent of it. I feel a little overwhelmed taking a 3 1/2 month old out in the Christmas craziness. Delton would watch Ezra, but I would only have a few hours, and I don't like driving far away from home! Excuses, Excuses. Oh well. It will be a good Christmas, however it turns out!
thanks for the update...have fun in TBay!
ReplyDeleteTwo words for you...SHOP ONLINE. I'm loving it this year especially with the baby. If I don't want Eric to see what I'm buying, I just have it shipped to my parents. A lot of companies offer free shipping around the holidays so it works out great.
ReplyDeleteRegarding your request for gift ideas...I heard a cute saying that I'm going to abide by for Marin this year. I think this is how it goes:
Something they want; Something they need; Something to wear; Something to read.
-jo
Not sure what your gift expense range is, but have you ever heard of Aquadoodle? It's like a flexible mat (comes in various sizes) that you can draw on with wet 'markers' and 'stamps'. Everything disappears as it dries. I saw one over Thanksgiving and thought it was about the coolest thing ever. :) I think they're around $15 depending on the size.
ReplyDeleteHave you decorated your house for Christmas? I'm being slow about it this year...not sure how much I'll be getting done.
Have a great day!
~ Joy